View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 06:18 PM   #25
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 2
The good news just keeps piling up. We have lost TE Wadd Farr, a starter and solid player, to appendicitis for 9 weeks. Wimp. We’ll miss you Wade. Make sure you completely heal before you come back, now, ya hear?

Recruiting
One thing I forgot to do in the excitement of the new season was to check our idolaters! These are the players that, by house rules, I MUST offer scholarships to. We are hoping for low numbers, low talent, and brains. Let’s see what we have this year. So far we have been lucky. I take a peek…

Wow! These guys are doing my work for me! Only two DE’s! And get this! One of them is rated a 2 by my scout, the other gets a 10. These guys are middle of the road academically as well, so no pain there either. I tell you, things are starting to fall into place. The TCY gods are smiling on us now!

One last word on recruiting before we get to the game. Some of you out there have voiced concern about walk-ons filling in holes in the roster, and we hear you. We are at present scanning the TCY globe to bring the worst running backs and tackles we can find out there to Notre Dame. The last thing we would want is some super spy back to walk on and ruin our plans.

The Game
#43 Purdue, oh how we love thee! You saved our season last year with your stunning victory. Heed our call for once again we need you. It has been an entire year since we last lost. Yes, one cycle of the sun around this planet since we last ended up on the low end of a final score. So we need you, O Team o’ Chicken, to whoop us silly again. Do it to us like you did a year ago! We know you have it in you!

The Result
Pop the champagne! The streak is over! I repeat! The steak is over! Purdue 21, Notre Dame 6! It was nip and tuck there for a while though. We had traded first halves of futility to enter halftime tied at 0-0. But on the opening drive of the second half, we picked off a Purdue pass and took it 80 yards for a TD to give us a 6-0 lead (Bart Cohen, our zero kicker, missed the extra point attempt). Oh no, I thought! But Purdue finally managed to put things together. They roared to life with three long second half drives that were more than we could handle! And you fans at home deserve a reward! Go treat yourselves to a new computer game! Briggs’ replacement, QB Barnes (9-22, 103 yards, 0 TD’s, 2 ints), was a bastion of failure! Look at those stats! You made it all happen! But the game ball, yes, the game ball, goes to someone who forced Barnes to go to the air in the first place. Starting RB Brock Gray (13 carries, 25 yards) was the key force behind our scoreless first half and our total of 8 first downs in the game. Play after play he ran into defenders and promptly fell down. This effort clearly earns him the Jerk Game Ball! Way to go Brockie!

What a relief! And both 80,000 South Bend fans and regional tv got to see it all! That's got to put a happy skip in your step all day!

Record: 1-1 Rank: 41!

Well, that does it for today. Thanks again for tuning in. We’ll be back tomorrow for the Notre Dame-Michigan game. Although we don't want to take any opponent lightly, Michigan is ranked #10 and should just pummel us! Don’t miss the serious fun! Till then…GO IRISH! Yee-haw!!!
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote