View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 08:15 PM   #196
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbot View Post
Just posting to say that I still follow this and look forward to each update.

Maybe a dumb question, do you ever use any of the pc flight sims? Microsoft FSX, X-plane, P3D?

Thanks pbot, I really appreciate the feedback. I'm glad that you guys are enjoying it. I'm enjoying doing it and we've made it over the halfway point! Just a few more months to go!

Sorry I've been slacking here this week. My trip started off with no internet and I just haven't gotten caught up yet. Planning to try and remedy that tonight.

To answer your question I used to play Microsoft regularly. I used a program called Pro Pilot '99 with the whole yolk/rudder pedal set up and would practice on that, especially when I was working on my instrument rating. However, I will tell you that once I got my instrument rating, and I could do all of that for real. I stopped cold turkey. It simply held no more enjoyment for me.

My dad was a pilot in the Air Force and I couldn't understand until that moment why he would never play any flying games. I figured that he should, because he flew and all that, but I found all the understanding I would ever need after this experience. I've got Microsoft on Steam right now, but I still haven't fired it up yet.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote