View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 10:00 AM   #40
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawlinsFan View Post
An example of a format that I have always thought would work well with the game and volumes of data would be something similar to how OOTP displays it's information. The player card showing all of the players information on a screen or two is an example, with the various integrated tabs presenting the whole picture. The consolidated league news screens that provides immediate feedback in a consolidated display. The team pages that allow you to set your rosters, game strategy, etc. for similar reasons.

I think it's games like OOTP and Football Manager that cause some of the responses you have seen. The player communities have gotten used to their formats, the clean displays of compiled, concise data that aid you in making some of your necessary decisions without have to dig to hard.

This.

FOF looks like 1995 and even though it may be a great way to lay out all the available information it is an affront to many people's eyes. I honestly think people just want a cleaner look. Flatten the look and half the complaints will probably go away. Or change the complaints to "man, where do I find stuff?" which is probably what a lot of people struggle with at first.

And, of course, tabs are completely in right now. Want to save clicks? I believe the basic idea with tabs is that you don't ever close anything, but just click on a different tab. The back and forth between tabs (backspace or right or middle click, which is my preference) to compare stuff is a quick and easy way to get around. If you don't go with tabs, then multiple windows open would be huge.

But I still think people just want a cleaner look to the game. Make the backgrounds white, ya know? Each screen doesn't need to be colored with the team's colors as certain colors jump out at you.

Last edited by garion333 : 04-15-2015 at 10:50 AM.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote