View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #275
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Buddy Landell arrived late to the last show. I skip the warning, and go right to the fine.

-Landell, Bundy, and Villano III all complain of exhaustion after the last show.

-Every TV network I requested negotiations with rejected me, saying I already have enough of a TV presence. Since I really want to get on national TV as quickly as possible, I take the drastic step of canceling my TV contract with my current network. It's likely we'll be without TV next week, unless something quickly comes up.

-Hulk Hogan only has a month left on his WWF contract, so I take a shot and request negotiations again. Roddy Piper appears to have had some sort of fallout with the WWF, and it's been reported that they won't offer him a deal when his contract is up in about 30 days. So I request negotiations with him as well.

-Gordon Solie is willing to talk with me, but he wants a steep $2,750 a show. I'm willing to pay him, but Fritz caps what I can offer at about $100/show less than that, so there's no deal. Mercer & Lowrence benefit from Fritz's stinginess.

-I do however make a signing - bringing in Japanese star Tiger Mask at a reasonable $1,875/show. Tiger Mask has great stats, he's one of the most talented wrestlers in the world, but he has close to zero overness in the United States outside New England. So he's a project, but he'll be the cornerstone of our soon-to-be-established cruiserweight division.

-Magic Dragon, who I cut loose not too long ago, will be out a month with an injury.

-Tommy Rogers and Jake Robers won a big tag team tournament with Georgia Championship wrestling, and have announced intentions to continue teaming full-time.

-Rod Trongard and Les Thatcher both reject my overtures for negotiation request. Trongard says it just wouldn't be a good career move, and Thatcher is loyal to SECW. So it looks like Mercer and Lowrence will continue to be the voice of WCCW, at least for now.

-Our final TV show with our current carrier gets a 0.78 rating - that matches our all-time high.

Last edited by molson : 06-23-2007 at 10:18 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote