View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 12:20 AM   #278
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Reports say that the WWF will let Jesse Ventura's contract expire in about a month wihout an offer. There were similar reports about Roddy Piper last week. Is WWF having financial difficulties? I try to request negotiations with Ventura, assuming an announcer role, but since he still considers himself a wrestler at this point, Fritz blocks any negotiation attempt because of Ventura's low resilience rating.

-Tuesday comes and goes with no TV taping, as we have canceled our show. Fortunately, all of the big national syndication carriers are willing to talk. There's 3 levels of national tv syndicators. The biggest one will give me a national show, but only one that airs at midnight. The smaller two carriers are willing to put my show at 11:00 PM. ESPN and TBS haven't responded yet. I decide to sign with the biggest possible carrier, and contract to have a 90 minute show on "US Syndication Big I", to tape on Tuesdays and air on Thursdays at midnight. The show will air all across the US, Puerto Rico, and Ontario. The show will premiere the first week of December, so we'll have a few more weeks without TV. This is the only the second "medium" level network to take on a pro wrestling program, joining TBS, who carries Georgia Championship Wrestling. And this is a bigger contract than either the WWF or AWA currently has, so this is quite clearly a huge deal for WCCW.

-Skandor Akbar's contract expiration sneaked up on me - it's up in 7 days. I re-sign him for another 9 months at $975/show, a raise from his current $600/show.

-Hulk Hogan has rejected my attempts to negotiate, and it appears he's staying with the WWF.

-Nikolai Volcoff has ended JYD's 7-month reign as Mid-South North American Heavyweight Champion. Of course, JYD still holds the WWF Heavyweight title, as well as 1/2 of the Mid-South Tag Team Championship, with Mr. Wrestling II.

-The Great Kabuki's contract with Mid-Atlantic has expired without any extension. Therefore, he's works for me exclusively, which is nice. His workload should increase.

-As the week ends, and I look forward to our national TV debut, WCCW signs a HUGE national star - Roddy Piper! Our timing was good, Piper and the WWF had a falling out, and Piper doesn't work for anyone else. So we bring him in for 18 months, at a huge $3,375/show, and 25% of all his merchandise sales. But his stats and popularity seem to justify it - Brody may be better known internationally, but Piper is, without question, our #1 guy in terms of USA popularity (he's particularly huge in New England, the Northwest, the Southeast, and the Mid-Atlantic - so he's a perfect fit for our national expansion, since we don't have much overness in those areas). His stats are off the charts: A+ in Mic Skills & Charisma, A in Psychology, Star Quality, and Intensity, B+ or B in almost everything else. He's the guy that can lead us to the next level. The only question is, how to bring him in? He can play a face or a heel.

-So it's been a pretty amazingly eventful couple of weeks in WCCW: Our first A+ match, a national TV deal, and the signing of Roddy Piper.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote