View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #773
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

So that leads me to this - there are basically four scenarios if we choose between good cop / bad cop and good shooting / bad shooting:

Good Cop / Good Shooting: The officer's POV. This is the narrative that's being pushed recently, with the sudden influx of eye-witness accounts backing up the officer's story. I'd say 40% probable

Good Cop / Bad Shooting: Did the officer simply make a bad choice? Did he feel threatened when Brown had actually surrendered? "Hands up, don't shoot?" Seems possible, even plausible. I'd say 55%

Bad Cop / Good Shooting: Seems to me 0% likely. No reasonable scenario fits this.

Bad Cop / Bad Shooting: Was the officer willing to kill an unarmed kid and chalk it up as getting some scumbag off the street? Did the officer think "now that we got in a scuffle, I'm justified shooting this kid" and then did it regardless of if Brown was running away? I'm not inclined to believe this either, and the officer's history - what we know of it anyway - doesn't back this up. 5% possible.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote