View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 12:49 AM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Herbert/Tua/Burrow maybe unlikely to earn any rings as starters. Just playing the odds when Cincy/SD/Miami have won a total of 2 of 159 superbowls. And they're all in the same conference. Plus there's a good chance that Trevor Lawrence and Justin Field end up in the AFC as well. Flores is a good coach, so I think Tua might get one ring but Tua could always get hurt again. There's supposed to be 5-7 first round QB's in 2021 so, say, for example the Steelers/Pats/Colts may reload at the QB position. Those franchises are far more stable than Cincy/SD/Miami.

I guess Love is in this first round, but he's such a wild card that he's nearly impossible to project. Maybe he's Josh Allen. Maybe he's easily forgotten. 17 pick seasons in college don't inspire confidence. I actually like Hurts a lot and I do think Philly actually has a good structure. I think he'll win 1 ring.

Rings-
Hurts-1
Tua-1 (thinking Miami builds a bad ass defense one season and he hands it off 600 times)

Final analysis-
Burrow is good, and likely to have a Marino/Rivers type career. But as with Herbert, both are on absolutely 2 of the worst possible owner teams.

Burrow/Herbert-both Fringe type HOF numbers. Effective downfield passers, assuming health they'll throw for a ton of yards.

Tua-injury wildcard. maybe he'll be like Boomer Esiason or something

Hurts-4-5 year peak level career as a starter. (best after the top 3)

Love-insignificant career. thinking something like DeShone Kizer/Osweiler/Henne maybe even Kaepernick type career.

Fromm/Eason/etc-pocket lint.
(edit)
Also I'm bearish cause these guys will have to deal with Mahomes, Watson, Allen, and Jackson for at least 2/3 of their career. I assume Mahomes will take something like 3-4 of the next 12 super bowls, and probably 6/12 of the appearances for the AFC.

Last edited by stevew : 11-16-2020 at 02:50 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote