View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #500
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Day two all vanilla villagers got a major victory condition. I will detail them more tomrrow morning. It's been a long day/night and I am a lot more tired than I anticipated. It was to add a little flavor.

In addition the wolves each had amajor wivtory condition of outlasting the other.

The Cole character had the most action. I was bugging the hell out of Lathum this game. He had several ways to be converted and several conditoins depending upon game circumstances.

Originally he could have been tempted by The Source to turn evil. He would have become a full fledged demon at that point with a condition of outlasting Christy for major victory.

He was also being tempted with chances to respond to situations. When he responded using his powers (saving the waitress) he was given his gretest temptation. Turn evil and become the next source.

Finally he could have been turned by an attack but would have been given a choice to die or turn at that point (originally).

When the Charmed One(s) got killed this activated his rage due to his connection to Phoebe. He was given an option then. Remain good, if he did this it would result in any night attack on him leading to the death of the demon. Or turn bad and he would have killed the demon who killed the Charmed One(s) that night and become the new Source.

My plan for a big game was that if Cole turned with The Source alive he would have received a condition of becoming the new Source by killing the current Source.

The Paige character was going to have a win condition similar to hoops in getting rid of Cole (she distrusted him in the show big time) as a major win condition if she became a Charmed one.

I probably didn't convey enough for people to try things on their own. I was hoping people would think outside of teh box based on some of the events that happened. There were crystals which fell to the floor after one NPC was killed and they could have been used by either side (different ability depending on who) if someone asked to pick them up. There was a knife (actually my mistake as it was supposed to be a dagger but I called it a knife first so I had to stay with it) which could also have been picked up and served a purpose. I added the use of that same knife to the write up of the Source being killed to highlight it and get people thinking that maybe it had something special about it to be able to kill The Source.

The clue that CR received contained a mistake on my part, for that I am very sorry. I was going to do a write up about the bartender earlier that day which would contain a few misleading clues. The intention of the CR bartender clue was to hopefully direct him towards that write up and a potential dead end. The DI was supposed to be the true clue (49). I had written up the bartender storyline while at work but I timed out when I submitted it so it never posted. Bad timing pulled me away from my desk and I forgot that I had never posted that write up until after I sent the PM to CR.

I tried to mute Leo's power by having there be a lot of chances to discover him. An attack on him which is survived became one of those ways. Once discovered he would be helpless the following night as he could not block an attack from a dark lighter.

Hopefully I didn't try to do too much with the game. I had a lot of that prepared for the larger game and had to cut a lot back but hope I didn't make it too unbalanced by not cutting out the right things.

What I really wanted to try was a couple of things. One being free thinking (people trying out various objects, maybe they are beneficial, maybe not). Having an ongoing story (the various NPC encounters), having a convert with the ability to have a say in things and having a struggle among the individuals on each side.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote