View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 07:52 AM   #101
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead Spock View Post
Or how 'bout the d-bags with a full-size rolling bag, a backpack, and a laptop bag? How the hell do they carry this off as 'one item'? Saw this innumerable times the last time I flew.

Delta has been pretty good at 1 roller bag and +1 carry on. They suck at enforcing the +1 carry on to go at bottom of seat in front of you.

I don't see why flight attendants don't enforce this more. Honestly, they aren't doing that much during boarding other than smile and close the overheads at the end of the boarding process.

Quote:
Also, after all the special-boarding types, why do they not board from back to front? Not that the aforementioned a-holes will adhere to the system in any event, but wouldn't it make more sense to get the back seats filled up first?

2 reasons.

The premium flyers are at the front half. Letting the masses board first will inevitably mean that some premium flyers are short on luggage space.

The other reason is that premium flyers are more experienced in the boarding process and theory will get out of the way and settle down quicker.

Quote:
Oh, and eff Delta.

Agree with this (and not just Delta). For PilotMan, I will say that pilots have been much, much better at communicating with passengers during delays. They really sucked up through the 00's timeframe.

Everyone remember's SNL skit on flight attendants doing "buh bye". Absolutely happened but now I appreciate its more varied. I wish airlines allow passengers to grade flight attendants and crew ... they had touchscreen monitors to allow this and now we can do it on our smartphone. They haven't because they are scared of the grades IMO.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote