View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 07:01 PM   #48
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I’d remind you of Saban losing to ULM ...patience is the name of the game . But I’m not sure that a turn around is possible as long as Fulmer is roaming the halls.

Whomever approved the hiring of Jim fucking Chaney as anything above janitor is the start of the problem. Nobody ever grieves his departure, you ever notice that? So how fucking dumb do you have to be to hire him TWICE?

As for Phat Phil, I've long been of the notion that he returned specifically with the intent to do as much damage as possible.

As for the ULM comparison,here's where it seems to fall flat: Saban at least tried by all appearances. He didn't go into that game ineptly causing the loss. That's what Pruitt, by his own words mind you, did this week. Midweek, his own words were about "keeping it simple". And what did that get him? A team that played with no energy at all.

That said however, the tone was set by GSU being not just the more physical team but appearing to be the stronger team. How the fuck do you spend the money that's spent in Knoxville and fail to get players to even a bottom feeding D1 level physically? The fucking food budget in Knoxvegas is likely the same as the entire football budget at GSU.

There may be a time when I'm ready to call for the heads of the (likely numerous) scholarship thieves on the roster but this one appeared to be 100% on the staff that does nothing but draw fucking paychecks.