View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 08:56 PM   #55
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I'm thinking the first season will certainly be a work in progress, so this may evolve over time. However, here's how I see the first week going.

Postion coaches go over their players strengths and weakness and work with their coordinators to develop the offensive and defensive formations. I would suggest we pick a scheme that would involve everyone (i.e. an offensive scheme where we can both pass and run, rather than a single back or something).

Once a scheme has been put together, position coaches go over their depth chart and make recommendations for the # of players needed to recruit to their coordinator. Coordinators then finalize their wishlist # of recruits at each position to be approved by the HC. (this will be done pretty quickly, I like to delegate as much as possible)

Once positions and #'s at each have been approved, position coaches and recruiting coordinators work together to come up with a target list. House rules of 1 visit and 1 call per week will apply.

Position coaches make recommendations to their coordinator regarding time blocks for extra coaching, as well as coming up with a time management scheme. Also, I'd like to see a list of recommended redshirts. (as you can see, I will rely on my coordinators a lot - I will need them to be available)

Once the scheme has been put together, position coaches recommend depth charts to coordinators.

Coordinators develop a gameplan based on their position coaches input (I expect an active dialog between the position coaches and their coordinators in the thread) as well as our scouting department. These game plans will be pretty much rubber stamped by yours truly.

Basically, I see the process as this: HC relies heavily on the coordinators, who rely heavily on the position coaches. All the while, recruiting coordinators offer advice on prospects they've found, their recommendations on recruits found by others as well as recommend new scouts when there are vacancies.

The first week may be a slow one, as their is a lot to do. Once we get rolling, however, we should be able to move at a fairly good clip.

I think this group think will only be fun if everyone feels they make a contribution and are heard. Therefore, I look forward to hearing everyone's opinion and active participation .
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote