View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 03:13 AM   #335
Radii
Head Coach

-- We set a new attendance record last year, averaging 3637 fans per match. This crushed our old record of 3236.

Promotion Odds

Recently Relegated MK Dons are 5:4 favorites to promote out of league 2.

Other contenders: Rushden (5:2), Aldershot (5:2), Lincoln (5:2), Stockport (6:1), and Brighton (8:1).

We are 33:1, a value that is always super low since we rely so heavily on loaners to be some of the better players in the lineup at this level.

... July 1st rolls around and the transfer window is open and all of our expired contracts officially leave the club. A list of "notable" players released around the country are given and I see Frank Lampard on that list, he's 37 now, he's not interested in giving it one last go in league 2, believe me I checked just in case

July Update

The board is 'pleased' with my leading of the team. I guess I have to earn my way back up to delighted by coming out winning again this year.

After a number of contracts ending we are now spending $24,287/wk on salaries. We're allowed up to $35,000, so we have a lot of room to grow.

Depth Chart

Before I decide where I want to try to spend my money, lets look at what's on the roster.

GK: Lynch, Martin - A+.
DL: Nikolaou, Williams, Thomas - A+
DC: Smith, Williams, Taylor, Thomas - C - We need to bring in a stud here imo.
DR: Ogogo, Alcock (taylor/nikolaou can play here too tho i never want them to) - A

DMC: Taylor, Arter - C+ - Taylor was good here but we need better depth and I want the option to try Taylor out at DC, my scouts feel he'd be better there.

MC: Upson, O'Sullivan (Arter/N'Diaye/Taylor) - B - love our starters, hate our backups

AML: Harsanyi, N'Diaye - A - Harsanyi is a stud here, need a little more depth though, N'Diaye gets put in too many different positions to be theonly other guy that can play here.

AMR: --------, N'Diaye - F - #1 need.

ST: Subotic, Harsanyi - B - Need more depth and would love to try to find a star to get us 25 goals at this level.

I've made two contract offers already, one to a DMC, one to a striker, hopefully they come through. Neither are max contracts or anything, both are in the $1500 range.

Our needs, in order: AMR, DC, AML depth, MC/ST depth

Our coaches are fine but we need to bring in a couple scouts. I seem to be able to find really high quality guys for a year and then they realize they're high quality and above my level.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote