View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 08:00 AM   #454
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, in free agency, we are outbid bu Houston for WR Dustin Foreman. I had put in a solid 1yr offer, but got bombed out of the water by a motivated buyer - and I knew this could happen.

So, we lose cohesion (a lot), but we shouldn't really lose much in productivity. He posted 1600 yards past season, but we have guys well suited to the WR1 and WR2 roles on the roster already - Foreman was likely slipping to WR3 this season, regardless. And, he was affinity neutral, so I'm not losing there - likely gaining, actually.

This makes our cap situation more flexible for this season, too. So, all told, I wanted him back, but wasn't willing to break the bank to do it - and someone else was, relatively speaking. So it goes.

WR setup this year looks like:

FL Xavier Guthrie - will move to slot in 11 formation

SE Mercury Bailey

Rotation below them to include Luther Spencer and Kody Lofton

I will re-up with Spencer, who's a great fit for us - strong cohesion fit, and great special teams player. So, if I consider Spencer and Foreman contenders for one roster spot (probable) then losing Foreman effectively improves both our chemistry and special teams. I think we'll be okay.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote