View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 01:08 PM   #462
QuikSand
lolzcat

Side note, but related:

I recognize my overall standing in the FOF MP community- I was once arguably the 2nd best player out there. Over time, people have definitely outpaced me in drafting and gameplanning, and I no longer have any such claim. I'm smart and pretty decent at everything, but I'm either too lazy or too thick-headed to do some of the more rigorous analysis needed to really crack the codes. I'm good with that, I build my teams my own way to fit my own systems, and I'm regularly above average.

I don't even get a glimpse at a "grand slam" across four leagues. Today might be the closest I will get to that.

My Ravens won the CCFL today, hooray Fun story there, I lucked into a really good young QB with a mid-round draft pick, thought I had a "window," watched him inexplicably retire after 3 years, and then won it two years later with a caretaker QB signed just to hold down the fort for a veteran, high-chemistry team.

Meanwhile, here, my Ravens are a bye week team. It's not totally out of the question we could win this thing here tomorrow. I'm not calling the shot, but I built the team in "go for it right now" mode, as our QB will leave after this season. So... today is probably my best "I can see the win from here" moment.

Also today, my other two teams are in good, thought not great, shape. My IHOF Chesapeake Chitterlings are tied for the division lead, and are an outside contender to get stuff done in the playoffs, especially after our main recent division rival lost his QB.

Finally, my CFL Arizona Cardinals come off a second straight division title (beating Ben, who runs San Fran) and should be among the league's second or third tier of contenders in the year ahead. That's a slow-moving league, so CCFL will likely have crowned a new champ before they finish week 8, but still - right now, I'm maybe 8th or 10th in the league power rankings, all told (last year we played to 10-6 without my WR1, he's back healthy now, we hope).

I'm not going to get the Grand Slam. But I can talk today about all four of my teams in terms of their chances to win it all, rather than just whether we might be able to eke out a postseason berth.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote