View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #1686
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
It's interesting that you say that now, since in a PM to me you said you were surprised at how difficult it was to get people to follow me. I suspect some of that was because of the two-team dynamic. To be honest, I didn't see any of the stuff about Lathum. I guess I was pretty much just seeing what I wanted to see, and since I knew Farrah actually was a wolf, it didn't matter to me whether or not you actually scanned her. Plus, it really did remind me of that Willy Wonka game -- I don't remember if you've been a seer since then, but I guess your play that game really stuck out to me.

Would anyone else have gone after Farrah, if I hadn't? I'm wondering if the vote might have gravitated that way without me bringing it up.

It was day 2, you don't have anything to work on since no wolf had been killed, and everything else left might have been or might not have been red herrings.

The only things to go on for that day were:

1) Look at Lathum closer (which lathum is a good enough player that I didn't see that having legs for long)
2) Look at who was involved with Barkeep the previous day since he was the guy you all chose to kill that night. Ie: Barkeep and Path had a little fling during the previous day before you all killed BK. (Usually of late, people gloss over who the night kill victim had voted for earlier in the game, it is often just an attempt to get people on the wrong trail and it is a hard thing to push too hard for in this game without coming off as appearing to have some other agenda to others.)
3) Run with whom did St.cronin look at heavily as he was the seer.. (This seemed the most viable since Cronin didn't leave a huge hint one way or another that became obvious in an attempt to protect his life) The damning part here was Cronin's utter fixation at staying on Farrah the entire day despite everything else going on near the deadline (even when cronin could have broken a tie, he chose to stay on Farrah, an independant third party).
4) Push people to the anti-fink crowd, and try to encourage people to look at specific people there for other reasons. (This is what I tried to push, and had a decent arguement why.. the main reason the villagers lost the game was the very reason I illustrated this day.)

Problem I ran into was even though there were very few votes casted early in the day, both were for Farrah, and a bigger problem was that of the several people in the thread discussing the situation, far more seemed interested in trusting cronin at faith that he was leaving a hint than trying to take a stab in the dark a different direction. Arles was the only one who was thinking along the lines that I wanted people to, and it was only a matter of time before the 4 or 5 others who were around were going to make their move, so I jumped in early before others did and just ran with it.

Perhaps that is where I helped my team lose the game, just hearing the discussion from several people that morning, it seemed obvious that Farrah was going to get alot of votes, and people were more interested in trying to not have people think they were a wolf, than trying to find a wolf I think at this point.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote