View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #8
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Oh good - yet another book and style of programming to learn while I start my own project!

Heh.

I really think TDD is the way to go, but it does have a bit of learning curve and you have to sort of change the way you think about code. I would pick a TDD book in your language and go from there. Kent Beck wrote a book called TDD By Example that is very good and sort of language neutral if I remember correctly.

I mentioned Kotlin in my original post and this article has me more exciting about trying in the future.

I have also started reading Automating the Boring Stuff with Python. I will use some Python in this project for launching batch programs, etc. I am trying to rewrite all the bash scripts to Python for my regular job.

I watched the preseason games last night and will probably do that for most of the weekend, so I am not sure how much if any coding I will get done. I am also expected a copy of Essential Smart Football today. I want to do some reading of that. I have also bookmarked some more books that I think will help me learn football on a deeper level.