View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 02:27 AM   #347
Radii
Head Coach

August 21th, 2015

Woking(2-1-0) @ Hartlepool(0-1-2)

Hartlepool are 4:5 favorites at home, we're 3:1 dogs. They finished 12th last year. We're 1-1-0 against them, winning at home and tying on the road last year.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Smith/V Taylor/Alcock
MC: O'Sullivan/Middleton
AM: Colin/Ogogo
FC: Harsanyi/Constantino

Lots of changes today mostly due to fatigue. Harsanyi at foward where he'll expend a bit less energy, Colin at AML. Ogogo I liked what I saw in stretches last game so he gets AMR duties while Alock defends. Standard mindset today.

6': A blocked shot earns us a corner. Middleton takes it and sends it near post. Smith gets in and heads it, the keeper gets his fingers on it, it hits the crossbar, and a defender clears it off the line.

19': Some nice buildup, Ogogo puts in a cross, Harsanyi heads, the keeper is able to make the save. We've got 4 shots, they have none.

25': First Hartlepool shot is blocked , they earn a corner. Header off the corner is way over.

27': Ogogo with a great run down the right side and a really really solid cross, Harsanyi heads it but its just over. Harsanyi could have done better there.

32': Colin takes a pass from Middleton, gets into the penalty area... I expect him to be looking for a through ball, he shows some brilliant footwork, jukes two defenders, and fires a shot across the face of the goal by the diving keper!!! Incredible move to get by two defenders, I have no idea how he found a shot there. 1-0

HALF: Not much action the rest of the half. I'm thrilled, we're outplaying them and Colin with an amazing goal. We have 7 shots, just 2 on target but one is the goal. They have 2 shots, none on target. Lets see if we can keep this control into the second half.

47': Hartlepool gets the ball into the penalty area, their striker shows a very very poor first touch and the ball squirts out wide, he tries to recover and shoots but at a bad angle and its a terrible wide shot.

50': We clear out a corner and Constantino is on the run, he goes wide to the right and gets a cross into the area. Harsanyi gets his head to it but its over the bar.

54': Nikolaou with a tackle near midfield, he gets the ball ahead to HArsanyi. Harsayi can't find Constantino and pulls it wide, passes it back a bit to Nikolaou. Nikolaou crosses into the area, Constantino with the header, and its perfectly headed by the keeper into the right side of the net!! Great cross and great finish. 2-0

65': N'Diaye in for Ogogo, Taylor in for Constantino, Upson in for Middleton, all subs to rest guys assuming we're going to get a win here.

80': We're still attacking, Harsanyi way wide, he passes the ball to Colin deep near the goal line, Colin makes another graet individual move to make a pass to Upson, Upson can't get a good shot off though.

82': We throw it in deep in their end, a pass to Upson, Upson runs all the way through the penalty area from the left to right side, turns, makes a little omve, passes to O'Sullivan in heavy, heavy traffic, and O'Sullivan blasts it into the net!! This was a long slow play and their entire defense was back there clogging things up, an amazing play by Upson and great finish! 3-0

91': They're going all out to attack, there's a turnover and Harsanyi plays the ball forward to Colin. There's really no defense near, Colin makes a 45 yard+ run with the ball and the defense never does recover to get into position. Colin runs into the penalty area and calmly strikes the ball past the keeper!!! 4-0

Hartlepool 0 : 4 Woking

WOW! We shoot 14 times, putting 5 on target. They only get 5 total shots, not a single one on target. 60/40 possession, the average rating for Hartlepool was 5.88. 7.72 for Woking. Just a crazy dominant performance.

Mickael Colin at AML is the clear man of the match. He put on an amazing show today, scoring twice and really he was better than just that, some great great individual plays there. 9.3 rating for Colin. Other goals from O'Sullivan(8.3) and Constantino(7.3). Assists from Nikolaou(8.8), Middleton(7.0), Harsanyi(8.0), and Upson(6.9). Alcock put up a great 7.9 at DR, Taylor 7.3, Smith 7.5. Ogogo's rating was just 6.9, the highlights I saw I really liked from him at AMR though.

Great win!!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote