View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 04:46 PM   #28231
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
There's no moving the goalposts, I specifically provided examples that illustrate the distinctions. When you're not even willing to engage with the distinctions, you're arguing against a caricature not against reality. It's positively astounding to me, although perhaps it shouldn't be, how determined some people are to do that while not realizing how upset they get when people use precisely the same logic against positions they favor.

You literally argued that Trump voters do not want regulation of the health care industry and don't believe it is a right. Trump this year has heavily regulated the health care industry and provided free care to those who don't have access to it. He just announced mailing $200 gift cards to every Senior.

Your "distinction" is to state that all these things he has done don't count because I guess it's a "one-time thing" (which there is no evidence of being the case). It's moving goalposts and changing the stance because it is being done by Trump and not Obama. These people would be apocalyptic at Obama sending out $200 cards.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote