View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 09:09 AM   #28290
JPhillips
General Manager

I expect he could sell enough property to pay his debts, but if he does it opens up new problems. First, what are the properties worth? He says the golf courses are long-term money losers, so if that's true, what can he get for them? If they are really money makers, does he open himself up to tax fraud? Second, the easiest properties to sell are going to be the best earners, so every thing sold makes it harder to keep a positive cash flow going.

This is where I think Ivanka was initially smart. Her brand was built to provide her own source of income because I expect she was smart enough to see that the Trump empire may not be around in ten or twenty years. She's in trouble now, because her brand was built for the suburban woman that has moved from the GOP to hating all things Trump, but it was a good idea.

Don Jr. can maybe ride the outrage machine forever, but Eric better figure out something or he's going to end up managing a chain of Motel 6 in the Sun Belt.