View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #54
molson
General Manager

NEWS

A long week of news before the next show Monday Night:

-My TV show gets a 0.56 rating. That's our lowest rating yet. Next week I'll have to consider taping in Texas, just so this doesn't become a trend.

-We've lost $25k this month so far on our two shows in the midwest. It's a reminder that Texas is where the money is, and I can't neglect them entirely as I push towards Cult Status.

-After the TV taping, Gordy/Roberts/Gordman/Lothario/Spoiler all tell me they're exhautsed from their workload. I think Gordman might just be tired of losing (He's 1-8 for me so far - I love the TEW "match history" feature). Hopefully everyone will be ready to go by next Monday. I have to use Lothario pretty much every show anyway, because he's only under contract for 50 more days.

-Maple Leaf Wrestling signs Greg Valentine and Dick Slater. I'm following this company closely - they're currently at "Regional" status - if they can jump to Cult or higher, it'll be interesting to see their impact on the North American wrestling scene.

-The AWA has brought in the Iron Shiek and Paul Orndorff.

-Manny Fernandez has completely left Southwest Championship wrestling, which should ease his workload a bit for us (he is still the Central States Wrestling Heavyweight Champion).

-I sign a new personality, just out of wrestling school, named Harry Frehley. He comes in at a cheap $150 PPA deal, but he has some crazy skills: A in Mic work, A in Charisma, B in Acting, B in Star Quality. He could be the next Mean Gene Oakerland. He'll sit on the bench for now while I decide what to do with him. He could either be a backstage interviewer, a part of a 3-man booth, or I could kick either Marc Lowrence or Bill Mercer to the curb.

-I've re-upped with my current TV network for 2 more seasons, after being rejected by a syndication carrier that had stations across the country. I'm not sure exactly how long 2 seasons are, but at least I don't have to worry about losing TV anytime soon.

-Calgary Stampede has lost their TV slot, leaving them only with a weekly house show. I wonder if this means their talent starts to head elsewhere (And they're loaded at this point - Bad News Allen, Dynamite Kid, Bret Hart, Davey Boy Smith, etc.).

Last edited by molson : 05-03-2007 at 11:44 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote