View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 07:09 AM   #242
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Week 1

Not a bad game for the Treefrogs this week. The defensive upgrades were totally worth it. It's so nice not to worry about the deep ball every damn play.

I'm running the Dragon defense right now (2DL, 2LB, 2CB, 2S) and the playbook needs a little work. It's really blitz heavy, which is ok, but we need to have a few more coverage options. Also, the safeties could be used a little more. Other than that, I need to figure out how best to use my LB/CB combo more effectively. Still, it was fun to blitz and not assume I'm going to get a homerun ball thrown over the top of my secondary.

Offense was a lot harder. I don't have the dominant running game anymore, and my pass protection broke down pretty regularly. That's a bummer. Still, it's fun to have passing options. 3WR patterns are so much more interesting. We really need more plays that feature the RB. I only have 1 in the paybook now, and it's just a RB streak. That being said, I didn't find any plays in the Spider playbook that were garbage. They all seemed to work ok, they just don't fit my strategy yet.

Nice to see the Swarm and Twisters start off with a win! I'm a little annoyed that the Nemesis might be back, though. I can't stand them.

Also, how about the Maroons and Blues starting off with wins! Not bad for the two worst teams from last season. Remember, the Blues changed to a ball control team and the Maroons became special teams obsessed. We'll have to see how it plays out over the season.
Attached Images
File Type: png week1.png (79.4 KB, 13 views)