View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 08:33 PM   #120
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Here's a bunch of stuff I've bought in the past few months.

The new Leprous is just stunningly beautiful, epic, haunting... Quickly becoming my favorite band. And oddly enough (for me, as a metalhead), the further away from metal they get, the better they are. This album ramps up the electronica and strings, along with highlighting Einar's vocal prowess as he continues documenting his journey through depression and anxiety. And Baard Kolstad is the best drummer in rock music today.

My other favorite among artists I've gotten into in the past few years - Amigo the Devil. Best singer/songwriter going right now.

Not sure how to explain this one... orchestral post-black metal? Gorgeous soundtrack layered over tormented metal.

This is high on my list of anticipated 2022 releases. This band started as a challenge on 4chan to combine two different genres, so he took black metal and gospel/Negro spirituals and turned it into something magical.

Musk Ox - Canadian chamber folk. Absolutely gorgeous, chill stuff. Raphael Weinroth-Browne on cello features heavily on the new Leprous and was also a key contributor to a couple of Woods of Ypres album from way back when (RIP David Gold).

Dordeduh - this one was probably my biggest surprise find of the year. What an album. They absolutely nail the vibe they are going for on this album. The atmosphere is awesome, and the lyrics sung in Romanian perfectly enhance the vibe.

Vola - one of the best new(ish) progressive metal bands out there.

Other stuff:

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-07-2021 at 08:58 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote