View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 06:27 AM   #128
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'll just repurpose this from my blog's FB page, cause it kinda covers my musical mindset at the moment.

--------

I am WAY behind on sorting through new music (sorry, life happens) but with just short bit of catching up I can say this much with great certainty: anybody who says "there's no good rock anymore" is full of shit.

It ain't easy to find but it exists, no matter what your flavor.

From Kris Barras Band to Xskull8 to remarkable new covers recently released by Deep Purple to the return of 3 Pill Morning to the new Girish And The Chronicles, I've heard more damn good new work in the past hour than you'll find in a half a day on Octane or about three days of regular rock radio in most towns.

And that's without mentioning stuff I sorted out yesterday -- from new Cody Parks & The Dirty South and newcomers ColdWards, gritty stuff from UNVEIL THE STRENGTH ....

And that's literally an incomplete mention of what I've come across in about two hours of listens, my backlog is over 200 songs at the moment.

"Nothing good anymore"? Get the fuck outta here.