View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 07:18 PM   #132
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

What a stellar last couple of months for the kinds of music I like. Just hitting everything in my wheelhouse in October and November in particular. I've really honed in on the combination of extremes that seem like the perfect combination of my youthful embrace of musical carnage and delicate/quiet instrumentation that is evidence of my advancing age - mainly, progressive black/death/doom metal with post-rock/ambient/orchestral/dream pop influences, and lyrically filled with depression, despair, loneliness and all sorts of other over the top nihilistic tendencies. It's been a glorious year, capped by the last couple of months.

This band's been getting a ton of press. Really, the last album should have broken them but this one's pretty good. Basically an 80s throwback combining metal with like a Sisters of Mercy/goth sound. Pretty cool cover of Hell Is For Children on this album, too.

And I'll end with the quirkiest band on the planet, and one whose name perfectly represents what they sound like.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-15-2021 at 08:45 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote