View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 01:05 AM   #1
antdroid
n00b

[FOF8] 2017-18 NFL Rosters by Antdroid [v1.6 9/30/2017]

2017-18 NFL Roster
by Antdroid (A N T D R O I D) OS: Minotauri

updated: 9/30/2017

v1.6 - Updated Contracts Remaining (fixed anything that was wrong) and created new method to determine Long Snappers. Thanks Yabanci for suggestions!!!

v1.5 - Fixed draft information, fixed years with team, Adjusted salary cap, new algorithm for calculating rookie class, manually adjusted some potential ratings, updated Hall of Fame credentials
v1.4 - Updated Salary Cap and Some Salaries, Added in a lot more players - total 2500!
v1.3 - Corrected Player Birthdays and Hometowns
v1.2 - Fixed Tennessee/Houston rosters (swapped - Thanks LarryHud)
v1.1 - Updated Roster with correct colleges/universities
v1.0 - Initial Release

Features:
Start Year set for 2017
2017 NFL Roster accurate as of Week 1
2500 total players including free agents
Updated Player Contracts & Salaries
Updated Overall ratings based on Madden Ratings on a logarithmic curve using guidelines from FOF8, as well as my own rookie class algorithm
Updated QB style/scrambling frequency
Normalized Salary Cap for roster
Updated League Minimum Salary info
Updated Hall of Fame Credentials

Background/Description
I've been heavily involved with modding/roster conversions for PS2 and PSP with Madden and NCAA Football over the past couple years, and before that I made a few rosters for FOF7, and other text games. I just recently updated NCAA and Madden series games with 2017 rosters, and then decided to try to tackle how to convert my Madden Roster over to FOF8. I converted it over the other day to Pro Football Coach on android/iOS and NCAA rosters to DDS College Football, so why not try it on FOF8?

Here's my attempt. It's attached as well as the CSV source file. I'm still working on the Excel spreadsheet but will make it public when I feel it's ready.

Other than that, I only did the overall rating, so many attributes will follow the FOF method for generating player attributes. The overall rating was converted from Madden's 0-99 rating scale using a proper distribution as best possible to FOF's csv handbook method. I used basic statistics as well as histograms to determine how ratings fell into which bucket. Primarily, players rated 75 or below were 0's, and players 90 and above where the 5-9 ratings.

For QB's, I used the Madden QB tendency rating to correspond with FOF QB style, and for scrambling frequency, I made a weighted formula based on speed, agility, tendency, and awareness.

*New* For rookie class and some 2016 drafted players, I made a new calculation based on random probability based on their draft position as well as the Madden rating to give each player a unique (semi-random) overall/potential rating. I then went in a hand tweaked a few of the most notable names.

I updated Hall of Fame credentials as well. This was based on the player's current year rating * 25 points + 2016 roster HoF points if they player was rated a 3 or higher.

Please feel free to comment and post suggestions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FOF8-NFL-2017-v1.5.zip (338.1 KB, 305 views)
File Type: zip FOF8-NFL-2017-v1.6.zip (207.5 KB, 584 views)

Last edited by antdroid : 09-30-2017 at 04:40 PM.
antdroid is offline   Reply With Quote