View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 04:03 PM   #24
antdroid
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabanci View Post
great work here.

I've never played Madden but it looks like they do a pretty good job rating players. I compared some player ratings to the pro football focus grades and they were mostly in sync. It's nice to see that players are not so overrated in this file. The positions look good.

One thing I noticed is that Madden must convert long snappers (pos 28) into centers (pos 9). It's fairly easy to fix since the long snappers usually weigh 250 or less, much too small to be a center. You could sort centers by weight, change the little guys positions from 9 to 28, and would probably get most if not all. The long snapper rating is column BW, I suppose you give them all a 1 rating, idk.

Another thing I noticed is a lot of the years on contract (column BY) don't match the actual contract (seems like you might have mentioned this). That's easy to fix if your sort column BZ and paste a 1 into all those who have 1 year on their contract. Same thing with column CB, past a 2 for all of them, and so on. It's important because if a guy has a 5-year contract and the column for contract years has a 1, the game will put him on a 1-year contract and ignore the remaining years.

Anyway, good luck.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions. I'll take a look at it this weekend. I'm also working on expanding upon an android college football GM game as well, which is taking up my free time.

The madden ratings are bloated actually, so I normalized them in excel using histograms and statistics to get a log curve of the ratings to match how FOF prefers it to be.

In Madden/NCAA football games, there is no long snapper. The user or the computer just picks the guy with the best snapping ability to be the long snapper.
antdroid is offline   Reply With Quote