View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2005 Season - Meet the Players

We had some great traffic last season and a lot of advertising requests on our blog so we are going to keep this thing rolling. It looks like our 2 college athletes are excited to keep you up to date as our new potentials are as well.

The Recruits:

Timpview C Bernie Ackerman, 6'4" 265 lbs, Bernie is ranked 65th nationally in his position as a center. Rivals.com has him as the 7th best player in the state and the number 1 center in state. He manages a 3.67 GPA and a 1573 Test score. He hopes to major in Electrical Engineering and he wants to focus on Academics and Prestige. The Rivals.com scout has him rated at 45/100.

Clarence RB Chester Blouch, 5'11" 182 lbs, Chester is the 7th best running back in New York. He has a 3.72 GPA and a 1431 test score. He is looking to major in Spanish. He is focusing on Academics and Distance in his search. Rivals.com scout has him ranked 36/100.

His High School Stats coming into the season:
4 Games Played
86 for 360 3 TD
8 for 61 and 2 TD
18 Tackles, 1 sack

Our Current Players:

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (11/62)
The decision to come to Southern Utah was frowned upon by my mom as she seen it as me chasing a skirt to school. Dad had a different take on it as we looked at the roster and talent and picked it to be probably one of the best areas for me to start.

The competition for QB was fierce and everyone was close, but the coach was right, I need some refining and rather than waste a year of eligibility he convinced me that redshirting would be the best.

The QB competition was covered by the student paper and they painted me as the future QB of the program. It was a very positive article and I am taken care of on campus by the student body. School is solid as I am taking Education, German, Accounting, Statistics, Music and I am looking to double major in Education and Music and become a high school music teacher. Bonnie and I are living together and I would honestly have to say, life is nice right now.

Minnesota DE Sean Prill (18/71)
Coming into this school I thought that the New York attitude and straight forward approach would work. It didn't, I burned some bridges with people out of the gate and I am working on fixing that. I knew I would be taking a redshirt this season after the first day of practice. The depth in front of me is talented and I have some work to do to get myself there.

Coach is kind of upset with me as I have decided to take some of the tougher classes out there and I am looking to become a radiologist. My classes are Sociology, Nuclear Engineering, Architecture, Psychology and Medicine.

I think I will be ok here. Homesickness sets in every once in a while, but I have football and school to keep me busy.