View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 07:41 AM   #26
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We had a disappointing Sunday - lost the first game in the elimination part of the tournament, 5-2. Just didn't hit enough, and the pitchers were wild. Caitlin only came on as the game was ending and gave up a walk and double before time ended the game. She's struggling to hit - biggest adjustment she and some of the others have to make from 10U is that the older pitchers are making fewer mistakes down the middle, so you can't just sit around waiting for a perfect pitch to hit and take strikes on the corners. Caitlin's been caught looking all 3 strikeouts this summer so far. She's too good to watch 3 strikes go by.

Anyway, it was a disappointing 1-3 tournament, but the good news is we played 3 tough teams and only lost 5-2, 6-5, and 5-2 without any practice. We eliminate the errors and start being more aggressive at the plate, we'll do better. We came back later and watched the championship, and wow - we have a long way to go to get to that level. But those are 2nd year teams, too. Hard readjusting to being the low man on the totem pole - our girls look like 8 year olds compared to the beef on some of these teams.

We practice a couple of times this week and then another tournament this weekend. Gonna be hot as crap, too. Ugh.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-31-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote