View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #31
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So I took Caitlin to see an orthopedic sports medicine doctor yesterday, and the guy we saw was great. Very personable, great with kids, works with athletes all the time, specializes in the shoulder. He found no problems with her arm structurally, but after some balance and strength tests, identified what I've been telling her is her problem for years - lack of lower body and core strength and bad posture.

She is going to physical therapy tomorrow morning and he advised getting her a personal trainer for once or twice a month to work on conditioning and strength. This is what I was wanting to do this fall, since she's made the decision to quit basketball and focus on softball. Glad I have a doctor backing me up.

So for this weekend, she's definitely not going to pitch. She will probably be OK to play 1B and hit, and the coach told me he'd probably DP/Flex her (kinda like an expanded version of the DH in softball) one or two games so she can rest her arm but still hit. We play up to 4 games on Saturday, depending on how we do.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote