View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 08:26 AM   #251
QuikSand
lolzcat

Nothing too exciting as we approach preseason. We have arranged a cheaper, and possibly more stable, OL leadership arrangement, but that's a lateral move for us (just a cap saver, on a team that isn't using its full cap).

RB Julio Henson is now on the bubble - he's got the few ratings that make things work in a different (better) RB system, but apparently not here. We squeezed out a mere 4.07 ypc from him, while he came off two seasons well over 5 ypc with NE. I'll tally it up to gameplan differences, and maybe OL quality/cohesion... but if we are going to continue to pay Brody $24m to be our RB1 (and generate replacement-level stats doing so) then it basically doesn't make sense to pay Henson $9m to be a stiff backup. New FA signing Seth Dodge is ready to step in as our affinity leader (we lose a click or two in personality there but I'll live with that) and seems plenty capable of being on the active roster, playing a few special teams, and possibly toting the rock a few times. Fine.

So... this year, my hoped-for timeshare would be something like this:
Carpenter 250-1100
Schwartz 125-550
Dodge 40-180

Not asking for the moon and stars here. But our OL should be plenty competent with run blocking, and I'd like to think we could step up to 4.5 ypc or thereabouts, to complement what should remain a top-tier pass attack.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote