View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 02:38 AM   #849
Radii
Head Coach

Transfer Out

Troy Brown is going to Sunderland. I don't get it. He fell off so dramatically for us. Why does Sunderland want us? Maybe he'd be ok as our 3rd/4th best DC, I dunno. But he's not even seeing the field for us here, he's just fallen too far out of favor for us. This will take place during the offseason. We'll make $100,000 on the deal.

March 24th, 2019

Ipswich (27-6-6, 1st) @ Bristol City(19-11-9, 5th)

We're 5:4 favorites on the road here, they are 7:4. They have no shot of auto promote but they are only 6 points above 7th so they need to make sure they make the playoffs.

GK: Mason
D: Kirkland/Henrique/McKerr/Jackson
M: Turgay Colak/Mills/Mariga/Gordon
ST: Hamilton/Constantino

Henrique starts for welsh, Turgay Colak and Mills in for Guarin and Donnelly. Hamilton back in up front.

36': They take a shot from 25 yards out, it deflects off a defender and into the area, ST Keane is first to the bounce and is able to put it by Mason... quite unlucky. 0-1

HALF: The two shots Bristol takes for their goal are the only ones they took all half. We shot 7 times but 5 were from long range and I only saw a couple. Not a single one on target yet.

48': We work the ball to the middle of the pitch outside the area, its crowded but Mills puts a perfect ball through the defense and into the area for Hamilton, he beats the keeper and scores! 1-1

75': defender Clark with a yellow for them.

75': Johnson in for Mariga, fatigue.

86': they attack, a cross comes in from the right but we head it away... they recover, a pass to midfielder Wordsworth 25 yards out and he shoots from there through a very crowded area and its a goal. Doh, for once it looks like we don't get the late winner. 1-2

88': Simon Hamilton goes down hurt... we'll check on him after.

Yep, not a lot of highlights, tons of long range shots that I didn't see, and they get the win.

Bristol City 2 : 1 Ipswich

One of their scorers is man of the match.

Goal: Hamilton (6.8)
Assist: Mills (6.7)
Notable: Kirkland (7.2)

6.5-6.8 for the rest of the team.

Injury Update

Simon Hamilton is out for 2-3 weeks.

The 4 point lead we'd built keeps us in first place.

With 6 to go:

1. Ipswich - 87 pts
2. Wolves - 86 pts
-------------------
3. Leeds - 77 pts
4. QPR - 76 pts
5. Bristol City - 71 pts
6. Stoke - 62 pts
------------------
7. Leicester - 62 pts
8. Watford - 62 pts
9. Cardiff - 61 pts
10. Derby - 61 pts

Two things left to decide realistically... the last playoff spot and whether Ipswich of Wolverhampton win the league.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote