Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 04:18 PM   #277
PilotMan
Head Coach

Third week of February, 2007

Fight Night-

I am starting to scout for opponents for Melvin Horne’s next fight. My only concern is that he is ranked so much higher than he really should be right now, and there are a lot of fighters at this level that will be more difficult for him than I would like.

Lawrence McFarlane is still recovering although I do expect that in 2-3 weeks he will be back up to full steam and ready for his next fight. He is back in the top 25 and itching to move back up the list.

There are two challenging fights this week for us. I told Lee that I intend for him to test the chin of his opponent and take advantage of his weak defense. It will also give me the opportunity to see how he holds up against a figher who will hit hard, and press the action. Drydon has had some easy fights since he signed and he as done very well. Tonight will be the biggest challenge yet, and a chance to move a number of spots up in the rankings. My strategy for the fight is to have Drydon work behind the jab. I want him to win the rounds but not look for the KO. If he gets hit too much I may need to switch up, but so far, he has been very successful doing what I tell him too. Nagai is the favorite, but it is very close. 4/5 v. 11/10. Cash is dwindling at Punishment Inc, so I am not sure that maxing out the bet is good, but I do have a good feeling about this fight.

Omar. What can I say? He has developed into a very nice fighter. It seems like so long ago that he was knocked clean off his ass, and out. He has sure come a long way. The fighter he faces tonight has faced the best. He has lost, but he has faced them. Two years ago he was the #3 ranked lightweight. Now he has fallen to #38. He has lost two straight fights and seems ripe for the picking. Omar demolished two fighters who seemed like they were on their way down too. I think that he can do it again, but he will need to be careful. Milanes is an accurate, heavy puncher and has very good defense. His chin is much better than Omar’s and his punch is stronger. I wonder sometimes if this was the right match to make, since Omar has a weak chin. He will need to be very elusive, and fight the kind of fight that he did against Vargas. I don’t think that he will knock out Milanes, but I think that he can win. The bookies like Omar in this fight. The odds are 8/11 in his favor, while Milanes is 7/6.

Both fights can be good for Punishment Inc. A win for Omar would move him up a long way, and I think that he could get a fight with just about anyone. A win for Lee would also move him up, but also put him into a position where he could be a real, legit, pain in the ass for a lot of other fighters.

Fight of the week:

Lightweight Champ Damien Essett 22-1-0(22) v. Shaun Kilburn 22-9-1(13) #7

Essett is the heavy favorite as he has destroyed all others in his reign. Kilburn’s last fight was a draw with a fighter who Essett Koed in the first round. Kilburn has been pretty active, and is in good physical shape. At this point though I would say that he is far outclassed in this fight. It is almost 10 months since Essett’s last fight. Odds are 1/5 for Essett, and 4/1 for Kilburn. I think Essett should win easy.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 10-09-2005 at 10:45 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote