View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 07:42 AM   #102
QuikSand
lolzcat

And for what it's worth, this sort of chemistry dead end was absolutely introduced in the game as it switched to FOF 8. The developer believed, presumably, that the game was too easy to "angle shoot" in this respect, and wiped out the ability to convert positions, and aggressively muted the number of high leadership+personality players who make for great chemistry leaders. So.. this is a feature, not a bug.

I built the team knowing this sort of problem was possible. And now I'm in it. I have no realistic way to cut my way toward a better setup - cutting our CB1 Pedro Sutter and eating a $42m cap hit would move us to something like a Grade B chemistry setup. So, I likely just have no real option here.

This was going to happen next season anyhow, assuming S Hammond retires. The league is just really short on guys in the sign I need, who are suitably strong leaders. Plus, I was too confident in my ability to work around Sutter's high leadership (but low personality) score. Put it together, and this is a fine mess we're in, Ollie.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote