View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 03:10 AM   #818
Radii
Head Coach

-- Hamilton resumes full training. We're getting better!

December 28th, 2019

Middlesbrough (7-6-11, 18th) @ Ipswich(15-5-4, 2nd)

We're 4:6 favorites, making them 7:2 to get a win. This is actually our first meeting against them.

GK: Mason
D: Kirkland/McKerr/Henrique/Berthet
M: Hughes/Donnelly/Guarin/Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

Hughes at ML, Guarin MC, Mills needs a rest. Gordon back in the starting lineup too. Hamilton isn't ready to start just yet.

4': Khan is hurt, injury symbol and all, he can play though, we'll check on him later.

10': Gordon with a long throwin to Constantino, Constantino receives it at the right corner of the penalty box, he runs left by a defender, strikes a hard shot far post, and its by the keeper and in! Great goal. 1-0

31': Oh so so pretty. WOW. We clear a ball out of the defensive end, Constantino picks it up and makes a long run down the right, he crosses to the penalty spot, Khan goes up and heads it down to Gordon, Gordon lays it off to Donnelly who is trailing the play, Donnelly blasts it into the net!! Just a beautiful string of moves to get a really easy goal. 2-0

37': We set up on offense but attack very quickly, Henrique passes it up to Donnelly, Gordon cuts inside, Donnelly hits him , timed perfectly, Gordon shoots and scores! 3-0

43': My god we are playing great. Another attack, Hughes into the area for Khan, Khan with a pass back to Guarin on his first touch, Guarin on his first touch blasts it from 18 yards out into the net! 4-0

46': They get one back to take the wind out of our sails at least a little (ok not much). There's a cross in from the right, Mason comes out for it... and heads it? That's what it looks like. He could have picked itu p!! Maybe he tripped, I dunno. Its a really weak header and Mason goes down, the ball falls to one of their men in the area and he puts it into the wide open net. 4-1

HALF: Some very very pretty goals that half. Great stuff!

63': While I'm making subs we get a goal as Gordon finds Constantino open in the area and he has an easy finish. 5-1

63': Jackson in for Gordon, Brown in for Constantino and back in defense, 5-4-1 the rest of the way. Mills in for Donnelly. All for rest, we play again in a few days.

No more goals, that'll do it!

Ipswich 5 : 1 Middlesbrough

Man of the Match: Neil Gordon (9.4)
Goals: Constantino 2 (9.1), Gordon, Donnelly (9.1), Guarin (8.1)
Assists: Gordon 3, Donnelly, Khan (7.4)
Notables: Berthet (7.2), Kirkland (7.9), McKerr (7.1), Henrique (7.3), Hughes (7.3)

-- To be honest I haven't gotten quite as much out of Neil Gordon as I'd hoped this year, though maybe that's just the way it is with Constantino at this level, just get him the ball and let him work, Gordon's crossing and such maybe will have a bigger impact at the next level. I'm really happy to see the 3 assist game out of him today though.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote