View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 03:39 AM   #820
Radii
Head Coach

-- Bristol City get a draw in their last match and our winning streak allows us to jump back into first. We have 53 points, Bristol 52, Wolves 50.

December 31st, 2019

Ipswich(16-5-4, 1st) @ Leicester(5th)

After a nice run of soft opponents we hop back on the road to play a playoff contender. They're favored 6:4 here, we're 13:8, pretty close to even. This is why I rested key guys last match like I did. We lost to them 2:0 at our place earlier in the year. Leicester identify Steven Mills as our dangerman and state in the media that he must be stopped.

GK: Mason
D: Kirkland/McKerr/Henrique/Berthet
M: Guarin/Donnelly/Mills/Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

Guarin ML, Mills MC, Hamilton not really fully ready yet and Khan has been playig pretty well so I'll stick with this for an important match. Counter attack today.

14': We have a corner, taken to Henrique, passed out and crossed back through, headed out wide... Donnelly recovers it, passes to Guarin 18 yards out, he shoots, keeper makes the save but can't hold it, the ball squirts free in the area and McKerr is there to poke this one in again! He doesn't score much but that's two in two matches. 1-0

20': Khan earns a clear cut chance running on to a long ball on a quick counter attack.. he's wide open 18 yards out, but puts it off the right post.

34': They have a free kick at midfield, they send a ball straight forward, ST Carroll wins a header over Mills, he flicks it into the area and their other ST Madine is there to put it past Mason and in. 1-1

45': We have a throwin deep in their end, Gordon throws it into the area, we head it into the 6 yard box but they clear.

HALF: A solid half, some long attacking moves that led nowhere in those final 10 minutes. They actually have 9 shots, 4 on target, but we didn't see most of htem. We shoot 6 times, generate 3 clear cut chances but just one goal. The miss by Khan that would have put us up 2-0 was pretty bad. We'll keep doing what we're doing though.

53': McKerr with a yellow.

58': Hamilton in for Khan, Khan is way off today and Hamilton can give us a half.

63': Hughes in for a tiring Guarin.

65': We get what's counted as our 4th clear cut chance, we build up and Donnely puts a ball almost to the 6 yard box, Constantino gets there but its sent too far ahead, there's no angle to shoot by the keeper here.

67': Donnelly tries again, a ball from 35 yards out into the area, Constantino controls it well, has a step on his man and scores from 15 yards out! 2-1

73': Very very poor defense here, they build up and a man cuts in from the right... Kirkland just loses him completely, he controls it and runs at Mason... before he can shoot Kirkland tries to save face with a tackle, but its a penalty. ST Madine takes it... and Mason saves it!!!! No goal!!!!

81': We switch from Counter to defensive and tell the guys to hang on to the ball more.

86': Neil Gordon is hurt.. and forced to come out immediately. I use my last sub to bring Clive Jackson in.

89': Berthet goes down hard... and he's hurt. He can stay in but his fitness hits 45%. We'll check on him after the match.

Leicester 1 : 2 Ipswich

That'll do it, two injuries that worry me a lot, but we get a big win over a playoff team on the road.

Their ST Andy Carroll is man of the match today. We just didn't have anyone that played that great, we did enough to win though.

Goals: McKerr (7.6), Constantino (6.9)
Assists: Donnelly (8.0), Guarin (6.9)
Notables: Kirkland (7.1)

Khan had a terrible game, 5.5 rating.

Chris Mason comes up huge stopping a penalty that held our lead for us in this one, great stuff!

Injury update

Neil Gordon pulls a hamstring, 3-4 weeks.

Sylvain Berthet... stubbed his toe... out a week.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote