View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #823
Radii
Head Coach

January Update

-- We play on the 4th, 11th, 18th, and 28th. Presumably we also play on the 25th in the next round of the FA Cup, unless we go and lose to a team not even good enough to get into the Blue Square leagues.

-- The training report shows that Clive Jackson has trained well this month. Since the start of the season he's shown gains in Acceleration (17), Reflexes (6), Teamwork (13), Off The Ball (8), Anticipation (12), Dribbling (12), Flair (15), Concentration (12), Composure (6)... he's being mentored by Neil Gordon and I think its safe to say he's learning a little something.

-- Constantino is the December Player of the Month in the Championship.

-- Stuart Kirkland is the young player of the month in the Championship. Clive Jackson is 3rd in young player of the month voting!

-- I am the manager of the month in the Championship. We went 6-0-1 in December with over 1/3 of the senior roster hurt.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. I guess since we're expected to win the league I can't do much better? Also, hemorrhaging money can't help. The capture of Steven Mills is the new highlight. I'm cool with that, I really like him.

-- We lost $3.35M last month, a new record, ouch!

-- Uh-oh, did we just find Stuart Kirkland's dream club? Everton offer $5.75M for him, I've been declining offers for him all season, but finally he says something about it, he's unhappy I won't let him go play for Everton.

January 4th, 2019

FA Cup 3rd Round

Ipswich (1st, CH) @ Hastings Utd

We can't totally write them off, they did beat a League 1 Grimsby to get here, but then again, they are 30:1 to win today. We are 1:20.

GK: Mason
D: Hughes/Welsh/Brown/McKErr
M: Guarin/Donnelly/Mills/Jackson
ST: Khan/Taylor

We start as many backups as we can. Welsh just came back form injury and I toss him in. Hughes gets a shot at his seemingly natural/best position at DL, Jackson at MR, and Constantino isn't out there today. He'll come in if there's anything remotely close to a scare, don't worry. Only commentary today.

30': We have 8 shots, 1 clear cut chance by Clive Jackson, but can't find the net.

46': Took long enough! And its an impressive shot, Guarin between two defenders well out wide to the left 25 yards away, bending near post by the keeper. 1-0

HALF: We control 58% of the possession, have 11 shots to their 2 and generally dominate most stats. Our passing is actually pretty poor, only 68% completion rate. Should be fine though.

46': Buildup down the left, Khan gets a pass way out wide in the area, passes to Guarin, cuts inside, receives it back and puts it by the keeper. 2-0

53': Taylor with a nice ball into the area for Clive Jackson who cuts behind the defense and finishes nicely. 3-0

We get a couple more attempts but and up coming away with a nice easy win to advance to the next round.

Hastings Utd 0 : 3 Ipswich

Man of the Match: Jack Hughes (8.3)
Goals: Guarin (8.3), Jackson (7.9), Khan (7.2)
Assists: Hughes, Guarin, Taylor (7.9)
Notables: Mason (7.3), McKerr (7.5), Welsh (7.4), Donnelly (7.0)

-- As important as anything else, no injuries today.

-- After the match, USA.. err... Tottenham Boss Jurgen Klinsmann notes that our young defender Jack Hughes is showing a lot of promise. Tottenham are one of many EPL clubs showing interest in Hughes.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote