View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #832
Radii
Head Coach

-- HOORAY!! McDonald Mariga, still out for 3-6 weeks, has requested to be taken off the transfer list and wants to stay with Ipswich. With this, II look at his skills, esp. his physical ratings and they aren't tanking too hard yet. I offer him a contract to play for me next year. He is willing to take a pay cut from $36,500/wk to $26,500/wk, his signing bonus of $100k helps ease the pain there but I'm just fine with that.

-- The Champions League is down to its knockout rounds. France's Olympique Lyonnais, one of the top 10 teams in Europe's rankings, fails to qualify, Celtic and Stuttgart come out of their group instead. Sheffield United, a surprise top finisher last year to earn the spot, get crushed by Juventus and Monaco going 1-1-4 in their group and finishing last. Arsenal and Chelsea both win their groups to save some face for England.

Goalkeeper Update

-- Carlos Antonio resumes full training. He allowed 22 goals in 18 league matches with 4 shutouts before he got hurt with a 6.96 rating. Chris Mason has 12 league matches (11 starts). He's allowed 10 goals, had 3 shutouts and has a 7.33 average rating. I see no reason to change my starting keeper for now. Mason it is.

February Update

-- We play on the 1st, 8th, 11th, 15th, 22nd and 29th. We play our rivals Norwich and at the end of the month we play Leeds, currently in 4th. The biggest showdowns with Wolves and Bristol City are still a good ways off.

-- Jack Hughes is noted to have trained well, his Anticipation (13), Concentration (15) and Teamwork (16) are all up.

-- Wolverhampton striker Sam Vokes is the player of the month with 3 goals in 3 matches. Constantino also had 3 goals in 3 league matches, only good enough for 2nd in the voting.

-- Our GK Chris Mason is 3rd in the young player of the month voting.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. Signing Steven Mills is the highlight and our 0-3 loss to Newcastle is the latest small complaint.

-- We made a profit of $4.19M in January. That's after making $7.6M for selling Berthet, heh.

February 1st, 2019

Ipswich (19-5-5, 1st) @ Swansea(4-7-18, 23rd)

We're big 4:5 favorites over relegation favorites Swansea today. They're 3:1 to win at their place.

GK: Mason
D: Hughes/Welsh/Henrique/Jackson
M: Guarin/Donnelly/Mills/Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

Hughes is back at DL, Jackson DR. Kirkland is getting close to full health.

3': We try to push the ball into the area, they head it away. Clive Jackson recovers, passes to Constantino, he turns but Khan is in a better position, Constantino finds him, Khan shoots near post and easily beats the keeper! 1-0

10': We have a corner, taken short and passed back to Gordon... Gordon to Jackson who is 20 yards out, he tries to shoot but its blocked. Guarin to the rebound, ahead to Mills who is open and he scores! 2-0

18': Gordon with a really pretty pass into the area for Khan, he's got our 3rd clear cut chance but can't finish. Its saved and turned behind for a corner. Gordon takes it to Henrique, he's tackled in the area but its a foul, penalty! Constantino buries it. 3-0

Just commentary from here, lets get this one done.

31': Mills to Constantino, he beats one man to generate a clear cut chance and scores easily. 4-0

HALF: Yup, looking good. Johnson in for a tired Mills at the half.

55': After a throwin, Gordon passes to Donnely, he shoots from just inside the area and beats the helpless keeper. 5-0

69': No shutout today, a long run for ST Olsen who had a 4.7 rating before this, into the area and beats Mason for a goal. 5-1

78': Hughes with a yellow.

Swansea 1 : 5 Ipswich

Man of the Match: Gordon Donnelly (9.0)
Goals: Constantino 2 (8.9), Mills (8.0), Donnelly, Khan (7.6)
Assists: Donnelly, Constantino, Gordon (7.7), Henrique (7.7)
Notables: Jackson (7.6), Hughes (7.5), Welshe (7.1), Guarin (7.3)

Oh wow. Swansea have broken their record for games without a win. They haven't won in 25 matches. Twenty five!! They were 4-1-3 in league play on September 21st. They're now 4-7-19 with a league cup loss and an FA Cup tie and then loss in the replay... 7 ties/18 losses.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote