View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #145
JediKooter
Coordinator

I think people need to be cautious of the "law of unintended consequences". I have to agree with some of the people here that have said (paraphrasing here): "It's ok to take away something from someone else, but, when the time comes for someone else to take away something of yours, then it's a bad idea". I'm not really for any kind of new gun control laws until the current ones are examined and determined to be either good, but, need to be enforced better or they are not good enough and need to be amended/strengthened. Once that's done, I'd be more open to discussing any kind of new gun control laws. The only 'new' thing that I would be willing to support now is a federally mandated safety and training course that every gun owner must pass every year or two. Anyone wishing to purchase a gun, must have passed the course first before they can be sold a gun. I see it no different than having to have a fishing or hunting license or even a drivers license.

I think both sides, in general, are putting up some piss poor arguments for why they should get their way though. You have (if you go by facebook and some of the stuff I've read on various news sites) the conservative side of things with all of their chest thumping, ape grunting, and comparing Obama to Hitler (for the 345,834th time), daring people to take their guns away from them. Then you have the liberal side of things thinking that if they could just ban AK-47s (which I thought weren't legal to begin with to own in the US), background checks for everyone and people magically got mental health care, there would never be another shooting. I really haven't seen any or heard much of any rational, well thought out arguments for either side. And that's very disappointing.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 01-17-2013 at 03:05 PM.
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote