View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
path12
Coordinator

Six years into my latest Racing Breed career and I've had my best crop of two-year olds ever.

Gettysburg, a colt out of Mystic's Lee (dirt router in the game) was just named Two Year Colt of the Year with two G1 wins in a row -- the California Fall Futurity by 9 lengths and the Breeders Cup Juvenile by 3.

He is my best Derby prospect ever. But that's not all.

Out of my seven two year olds, six raced and four were stakes winners. In addition to Gettysburg we have:

Fleur de Lis -- filly by Pulpit. In four starts she has three wins and one place, with two stakes wins. She may be best on turf but will be pointed towards the Oaks along with

Holy Smokes -- filly by Smoke Glacken. Winner of the G3 LA Lassie, with two places in G2 competition and fourth in the G1 Debutant despite a troubled trip.

My fourth stakes juvenile is Napoleon, a colt by Not For Love. Freakishly fast out of the gate, he has taken leads into the stretch in two graded races and won a shorter stakes. If he can learn to pace himself more effectively he could turn into a very good miler.

All in all, really looking forward to the three year old stakes schedule this next year.