View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 05:35 PM   #140
timmae
College Starter

After inspecting the star sign for a while and finding nothing else of value I decided to proceed straight forward to see what the inner dungeon would bring.

Upon entering the room I immediately see a human figure wreathed in fire that is holding a halberd. After glancing slightly to the right I see that he is fighting a qwithi enrobed character that is teleporting around the room. The 2 figures are engaged in battle and both are taking damage. Both beings are shouting for help against the other. I need to make a split second choice on who to side with.

I have no allegiance to anyone except myself in order to survive this dungeon. I notice that the human is stationary while the qwithi figure is teleporting around the room. I am no fool and easily select the human to attack.

I now realize shit is real and the qwithi and I are attacking the Doombringer! I am nervous heading into my first battle and miss the Doombringer with my first thrust. Luckily my partner in battle hits his target and causes decent damage. Similar to my initial battle assessment the Doombringer decides a stationary target is a better foe and attacks me and hits for heavy damage.

Enraged I take a full swing back at the Doombringer and hit a major blow inflicting mass damage. The human staggers and the qwithi misses because of the movement to the side. A return blow is thrown by the human but he misses me entirely as I dodge to the far side of the halberd.

With all of my might I take both hands and swing my guisarme from one wide arcing side of me towards the other and catch the Doombringer mid swing with all of my might. The human instantly staggers and falls to the cold ground, void of life. The 3rd blow was a deathly swing which won the battle for the qwithi and I.

After adjusting my weapon and leaning on it for balance slightly I am able to discuss the situation with my allie and learn he is a Temporal Warden from the Eyal Plane. He was late to join the battle but was able to enter the dungeon nonetheless to become an obstacle for the combatants.

I found a magical Dragons Paw on the human and earned a large amount of experience from this battle. I am lucky to have survived but I am eager to learn more about this underground maze of rooms. What a first day!