View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We had a very frustrating debut. I thought Gilmore was starting off his Heisman campaign in grand style as we took a 21-0 lead before the 1st half of the 1st quarter was over. However, he got hurt in the pocket and was knocked out of the game before getting to make any more plays. Davis had a surprisingly huge amount of bad throws and threw a few bad picks. With 20 seconds left, we were only up 21-17 but then Davis found Stewart for an electrifying TD reception that went over 80 yards. We took a 28-17 lead and we were ready for big things from Stewart in the 2nd half...

But, then Stewart went down on the 1st play of the 2nd half and our starting HB would not play (for reasons I don't understand.) We had to use our 3rd and 4th string backs and our offense struggled for a bit and they closed the gap.

Then, the game became truly strange. Suddenly, neither offense could be stopped. We exchanged TD after TD. I've never seen a CPU offense play so well against us. They got an offside kick and made it a 56-51 game late on a quick TD.

Fortunately, we got the next onside kick and marched it down the field for the final score of 63-51. Bizarre game. Good news is that Gilmore and Stewart are both back next week. Hopefully, one of them can have a huge game to stay in the Heisman race.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote