View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #432
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I just think, by and large, those who are making these types of decisions in terms of player evaluation don't really worry much about that. If your scouting/player personnel department has a 3rd round grade on a player available in the 4th/5th, they are most likely going to trust that evaluation and grab the guy.
You have the war room with a bunch of scouts (or one if you're the Bengals), a coach or two, the GM and director of player personnel, maybe the owner etc. The general protocol seems to involve throwing out 5-6 names when it's about 10 picks away from yours, and then narrowing that down to like 3 when it's only a couple away. If it was as simple as a team targeting the best available 3-4 OLB at their next pick, I don't think they'd skip him, but if you have a handful of guys at various positions who are all regarded about equally I can easily see him being in that group of 5-6 a bunch of times and teams going with the other guy because they don't want to deal with any extra media work/distraction.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote