View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 12:17 PM   #159
PilotMan
Head Coach

Hello Bea, This is Pilot-Man's wife. I have some other suggestions for colic. Try Hyland's Teething Tablets, we can only get them at the health food store where we live now but they are all natural and you can give them once an hour. They help reduce the pain and make them sleep, a sleeping baby= happier mommy and daddy. The other thing that worked for us was simethicone drops and Mozart. I also used to carry the babies in a sling a lot when they were crying, i could have my hands free to make dinner or whatever at the same time. If your interested in the warming rice aromatherapy bags let PilotMan know. I'd be happy to make one for you.
I had PPd after both our second and third and It was really hard on our marriage, the main thing I remember is just feeling really helpless and alone. Try really hard to be patient because it takes a while to feel better, lots of hugs and reassurance that your not the only one this happens to helps too. Spending a little bit of time doing things just for her helps too I think. A manicure or massage or even a oppurtunity to go shopping by herself might perk things up. You have to take care of you before everybody else which feels impossible with small kids but is worth the effort, I swear it.
If Mrs. Bea would like a little Mommy-to-Mommy support PM can give you my email, sometimes talking to somebody who's been there helps. Sorry this is so long. Good Luck!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote