View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #364
hoopsguy
General Manager

We lost the turnover battle 3-0 today. We got away with it against Washington State, but not against USC. I would really love to see the defense be a little more effective in this area. That has been one area of significant dropoff with the new guy.

John Rattay is the goat today: 20-43 for 359 yards, 1 TD and 3 INTs. That last one was just a killer.

Nicolas Morris saw his string of 100 yard games end today. Only 17 carries for 81 yards, as we were throwing way more than passing. I don't disagree with that strategy, just the execution. And Morris was running pretty well ...

Martin was our best receiver with 7 catches for 101 yards.

We threw to Olsen 19 times (big number, especially for the #3 receiver) and he caught 7 for 100 yards.

Ellis was 0-2 on field goal attempts. That guy always comes up small in big games. I have only had one kicker I've liked at UCLA and I had him for just a couple of games after benching the starter.

Another big special teams performance from J.R. Jackson. I'm a big fan of his play.

SS Taz Simms was working extremely hard today. 8 solos, 3 assists, 4 stuffs, and 1 pass defended.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote