View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #39
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

For anyone that wants to chime in...

Have a property I'm looking at. 1800 sq ft. Local market is around $12 for units that are in the < 1200 range and dropping down to $6-7 for units that are 3000+.

Some of this is repeat from above, but the unit I'm interested in, they threw out that they would give 2 months rent free and would do a 1 year with 1 year option. The 2 months free was because it needs some TLC in the inside. The bathroom has issues (they would fix) and then I need to do the rest, but it is basic stuff. Simple drywall repair, repair a section of flooring, paint and a 12'x12' foot section of drop ceiling. I asked about the $8 and the broker said he doubt they would move since they were the lowest in town. (eh.. not really). They've been vacant for at least 1 1/2 years in that spot, the owner is not local and it is my impression that the building is paid off.

Given those variables, I'm mulling how much haggle room on the price / sq ft I have. Granted, I could ask them to go to $7.99 and they could tell me to get lost, but don't want to miss an opportunity for a really good deal.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote