View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 03:47 AM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There’s a little elevation here, not much, and a little trees as the jungle just begins here – not much. I have the Griffin IIc begin in heavy woods, one of only two heavy spaces. Let’s use it to snipe for bit.

A Shadow Cat Prime, btw, has a Gauss Rifle, and 2 ER Medium Lasers. So we have abit of a kick.

Turn 1 – We lose initiative. I try to jump/run my mechs to their fastest speed. Obviously, there are some mechs there I’d like to take down for my garrison (Penetrator, Pillager, Wolfhound, Highlander). But I have to focus on the mission. I go prone with a pair of mechs too. Alright, weapons-hot time. We targeted their Nightsky with our Shadow Cats and it falls from damage. Our Shadow Cat Prime #3 remains standing after light hits.

Turn 2 – We lose init again. I backup our Cats. They stand their Nightsky and charge us with it. I play like light ‘Mechs and hop our Grasshopper over to in front, and above, their Nightsky, for a hope of a punt. Our Greyhound follows. Let’s be aggressive, right? Their Wolverine, with MASC, rushes in and bases a Shadow Cat. The next weapons phase begins. I try to knock down that Wolverine with damage, let’s see. Their Archer goes internal on an arm on the Shadow Cat #3. Their Valkyrie hits a Sentry pilot, and knocks the pilot out. We needed a 3 and rolled snake eyes. Their Nightsky falls and hits some arm actuators, but their Wolverine, who took 60+ damage, is standing. Ugh. We kick a Phoenix Hawk and Wolverine, nothing hits us or falls down.

Turn 3 – We lose init. Again. And we have an unconscious, immobile Sentry. And no dead units on either side. My Jav rises and runs by the downed Sentry to help it out. I use MASC to, hopefully, run my damaged S Cat out of danger for now. Their Nightsky rises again. A Gauss slug destroys the LA of their Wolfhound. The Duchess in the Pillager destroys the RT of our damaged Sentry. Our Grasshopper nails a hip and foot on their Nightsky. Their Crusader destroys the CT of our Sentry. After hoping next to our damaged S Cat, their Wolverine destroys its LA. A few more sections of the Sentry were destroyed too – just the H, and a LL are left. Our wounded S Cat #3 hits the engine of their Wolverine twice. Their Nighsky opens up the leg of S Cat #2 and hits two leg actuators. It falls. No one else does.

Turn 4 – We finally win init. I eject the Shadow Cat #3. It’s just too damaged to continue. And we win the battlefield one way or the other. I was hoping to finish off the Nightsky that round, it was badly exposed. I leap our undamaged into heavy woods next to some of their units to distract them. Hopefully they’ll miss and such. I run my Firestarter above and adjacent to their Rifleman. Again, hoping for a head punting. Grasshopper to the rear of their Shadow Hawk. I position the Greyhound nicely too. A S Cat #2 bases their Nightsky. I stand the downed one an MASC away. Alright, weapons fire time. Our S Cat Prime #1 destroys the LA on their Nightsky, then gets 2 engine and 1 gyro hit. Their Phoenix Hawk destroys the RA on our Grasshopper. Meanwhile, our Hopper nails the gryo and engine once each on their Shadow Hawk. Our S Cat #2 destroys the LT of their Nightsky, and that’s an engine kill. Their Lineholder hits a leg actuator on the Hopper too. Both their S Hawk and our Hopper fall hard. Their Valkyrie’s LL is destroyed as it falls under damage. Their Rifleman and Wolverine also tumble. Their Archer kicks and misses and falls. Muahaha!

Turn 5 – I lose init. And I eject our badly damaged Grasshopper. I run our Firestarter behind their Penetrator to continue the distraction. I leap a Firestarter #2 beside their Valkyrie. They fail to stand their Shadow Hawk, and it falls and breaks its gyro. The final turn of fire has begun. They destroy both legs on our S Cat #2. Our Firestarter #2 hits the ammo on their Valkyrie, (CASE) and the pilot blacks out. Our Greyhound’s SRM6 missiles smash into their Tempest and hits its gyro once. It falls. As does their Wolfhound. Our destroyed S Cat #2 does as well. Our Firestarter kicks their Penetrator to the ground.

And that’s it.

Valkyrie missing LL, RT
Nightsky missing LA, LT
Shadow Hawk with 2xgyro

Sentry, H, LL

Shadow Cat #3 missing LA.
Grasshopper missing RA
Shadow Cat #2 missing LL, RL

Kills: Shadow Cat #2

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote