View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec 22, 3062 – Beta Regiment and Nordic Weapon Battalion have arrived back on EE.

Why did we care so much about Caph?

Easily – it has some useful technology.

Even earlier than first, let me introduce you to…Iveco Corporation. This company makes a variety of vehicles, and one, The Iveco Burro armored truck, is known as one of the most high quality armored trucks out there, particularly, their military grade Burro II, (Burro II - BattleTechWiki) a 50 ton all terrain cargo vee.

First of all, we immediately begin restoring the destroyed infrastructure that was defeated in 5 years of fighting. After that, we’ll send in teams to work on reclaiming some of the easier wastelands to help out with.

Our major target is to decontaminate, repair, and restore the Browning-Corning, Lmd plant here on Caph. It made support vehicles, like MASH vees., Mobile HQs, and recovery vehicles. Kressly thinks there is a market for upgraded support vees, since few haven’t done so.

(This is precisely what Word of Blake did when they captured it, and they had the factory working in a year of work. Let’s say it takes us 18 months).

We expect to have the plant up and running around Mar 1, 3064. It could make the support vehicles it already did, and then refab some new line as well, in order to take advantage of the new economic opportunities.

One of the most important vees it made was the Oppenheimer Hazardous Material Recovery Vehicle (HMRV). (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Oppie) This was used until the plant was destroyed to clean up nuclear, biological, and chemical contamination from those weapons. It can be used to help clean up the rest of Caph. It is a great irony of the Succession Wars that the plant was destroyed in the same attacks that hurt the world.

The existing company just has a couple of minor plants elsewhere on the surface, and still exists. They don’t have the blueprint though, and would have to work backwards to rebuild it. I think I might know someone who does know, though. If we can get it to them, we can help a lot, not only here, but in other war-torn areas of the Inner Sphere.

“Along with many cities and other sites on Caph the Browning-Corning, Limited plant remained a hotspot that the locals lacked the resources to reclaim and rebuild during the decline of the later Succession Wars while the planet itself was benignly neglected by the Great Houses.”

That policy changes today. For too long we’ve neglected our brethren.

Kressly Warworks, Inc will also partner with B-C, L, buy some of their stock, and invest in them, just as they did in Bryant with the Lantren Corporation. And then gain some of their profit. This should help them get some vehicles out more quickly and efficiently.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-18-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote