View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #29
ootpFox07
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw View Post
I DO NOT need to write this manually,I found a fourth file in the insturctions that needed write permissions in the chmod it was:

[SERVER_ROOT]/ootp_fantasy/

so now we continue on with the installation....

Awesome. Save some headache.

Quote:

Now a few questions:

"out of the park league name and league abbrevation: can these be anything I want or does the name and abbrevation need to match whats in the game?

I would. It would be weird to have one league name on your fantasy league and another when people click through to the HTML reports. I would stay consistent.

Quote:
HTML Root: what do I put for this?

The root path on the web server of your site leading up to and including the directory containing the fantasy league files. You should consult your web hosting documentation or ask your hosting support what this path is.

For example, a typical linux server root path is "/var/www/html". Some servers are setup differently and could use something like "/home/user101/www/htdocs/" or the like. I have multiple domains hosted on my site so my root path includes the domain name. Whatever the path is on the web server hosting the files is what this path should be.

Here's an example:

"/var/www/html/fantasy_league/"

Quote:
SQL File Path: same question as HTML Root

Similar answer. This is the path, from your server root, to the location of the OOTP MySQL export files.

Quote:
HTML Report Path: What do I put for this too are these all FTP paths I can easily find?

This is the path to the HTML reports generated by OOTP. The server needs to know this so it can correctly find player images, team graphics, etc. An example of what these reports are is here: North American Baseball League Home. Treat this same as above.

An example of what I use on my NABL demo site is:
"/www/html/nabl.aeoliandigital.com/html/reports/news/html"

Quote:
Sorry just trying to get this right on the first try and not mess up.

No worries. Don't ask how many time I ran the installer during development. I lost count.
ootpFox07 is offline   Reply With Quote