View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 10:28 PM   #57
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Focus On: The Stars of Cleveland

Our next opponents are the Cleveland Flats of the Eastern Conference. We've only faced them once before, back in week 2 of 2005, and came away with a 25-7 home win. This Cleveland squad bears little resemblance to that squad of 2005, though, as only 12 of their current players were on the roster back then. Thus, we have little idea of what to expect from the Flats this time around. But there are a couple of players we can guess will play key roles in the outcome of this game. Here they are:

QB Ernest Lorenzo - Lorenzo joined Cleveland in 2007 after spending the first four years of his career starting for El Paso. He had an immediate impact for the Flats, posting career highs across the board in the '07 campaign: 300/488, 61%, 4122 yds, 32 TDs, 13 INTs. 99.2 Rating. He almost single-handedly improved Cleveland's record from 3-13 in 2006 to 9-7 in '07. It is hard to overestimate his importance to the team, either, as he dropped back to earth hard in 2008, finishing just 276/568, 48.5%, 3718 yds, 23 TDs, 20 INTs, 68.6 Rating. And his statistical plummet dropped Cleveland's record to 6-10.

So, what to expect of him this season? He got off to a rough start against Detroit last week, posting a 10/24, 110 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT effort. But Detroit's a tough team, and I fear the Lorenzo of '07 could reappear at any moment. I just hope that moment isn't against my Toros tomorrow.

DT Harold Stoltzfus - Lorenzo may well beat us, but he doesn't scare me as much as Stoltzfus. This guy is a monster - the kind that cause interior offensive linemen to have nightmares that give rise to spasmically soiled sheets and bewildered bedmates. The 7-year vet wrangled 65 tackles and 32 assists in 2008, with 7.5 sacks and 34 hurries last season - for an astonishing PR% of 8.6! Our scouts view him as "the complete package" - his skills are unparalleled in every domain. He is, of course, the best DT in the league.

That's a big load of hurt he'll be throwing at my O-line. I fear for C Steven Odum's mental health - and for "Colonel" Hogan's physical health. Oh dear, but the battle in the trenches could get real ugly.

I think I hate the Stars of Cleveland. Curses!

Last edited by Fonzie : 01-24-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote