View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 10:51 AM   #63
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Focus on: The Stars of Seattle

Our next matchup is at home against the 1-1 Seattle Thunderbirds, headed by Aylmar. It is very difficult to pick just a handful of stars to focus on in this piece, as they've got plenty of extremely talented players. But here's my best effort:

QB Charles Dever - The 7th year pro is one of two main keys to Seattle's offense, and the fact that a guy this good has an equally important counterpart is damned scary. Dever is, by all accounts, the most talented QB in the league (96/96). He struggled his first two seasons, but the light turned on for him in his 3rd season allowing him to post a QB Rating of 103.2 on a 60% completion rate, 3566 yards, and a 28-5 TD-INT ratio. His last two seasons have been slightly below that standard, but still excellent. He's also a scrambler, twice running for over 500 yards. I fear for my secondary.

RB Burt Liskiewicz - Burt is the other main cog in the Thunderbirds' offense. He was the #1 overall pick in 2006 and put up over 900 yards rushing in each of his first two seasons. Last year, however, he put it all together and rushed for 1647 yards (he led the league, if memory serves) and caught 360 yards worth of passes, scoring a combined 8 TDs in the process. Most scouts rate him as the second-best RB in the league. I fear for my defensive line.

WR Cole Faison - Damn, another offensive weapon. Faison has put together four straight 1000+ yard seasons, setting a career-high in 2007 with 1743 yards on 98 catches. He has also periodically returned punts (career 8.9 yd return average). *sigh*

DE Roger Heflin - An excellent run-stuffer who can also rush the passer, Heflin is the stuff left tackle nightmares are made of. He's had career-ish years each of the last two seasons, posting PRPcts of 6.1 and 5.2 respectively, and TKPcts of 7.9 and 7.8. Last year he blocked 8 passes to go along with his 8 sacks and 14 hurries.

DT Dominic Shumpert - Dominic is a monster - rated by scouts as second only to the monster we faced last week in Cleveland's Stoltzfus. He had a career year in 2007 with 91 solo tackles (26 assists), 10.5 sacks, 5 blocked passes and 23 hurries. He's also never missed a game in his career.

And the list goes on - there are plenty of other players I could have included here, but I just don't have the time or will to document the many weapons Aylmar has at his disposal to destroy my team. Suffice it to say that we'll have a tough time going 3-0.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote